Miriel the Magical Merchant Manual
Table of Contents
- Version History
- System Requirements
- Copyright Information
- 08/27/2008 - 1.00 - Initial release.
Meet Miriel - a shy but hardworking and earnest young woman who has the gift of magic. The ordinary life of this extraordinary girl is about to suddenly change as she gets the message she has been waiting for months. Enter the magical world of Miriel and help her to fulfill her dreams. Prepare delicious bread and cakes to keep eager customers satisfied while building a general store empire through the magical Kingdom. Miriel needs your help!
Launch the game and wait for it to load. If this is your first game, enter your name. After the main menu appears, press the "Play" -button.
At first the customers have five hearts. The hearts will start to disappear if you let the customer wait. Customers will leave if they lose all the hearts. The more hearts the customers have, the more they will pay.
Ordering Items From the Stock
Order items by clicking their icons. Pick up items by clicking them on the table and deliver them to the customers by clicking them. Don't forget to pick up the coins the customers pay you.
Creating Items With the Oven
Pick up the ingredients and then click the oven to insert them. After the product is ready, pick it up and deliver it to the customer.
Using the Haste Device
Serve customers quickly to collect the wing icons. The wings will charge the haste device. Once you have collected four wings, you can activate the device. You'll find the speed it provides quite helpful.
- Serve candy to improve customer mood.
- Play music by clicking the phonograph. Customers will pay more while listening the tunes.
- You can carry multiple items at once - you can use this to save a lot of time!
- Remember to collect all the coins customers leave you.
- You can plan Miriel's actions ahead - just click things as fast as you can and she'll fill your orders as fast as she can!
- You can queue the item orders - try to keep the table as full as possible all the time.
- Try to keep the table full of products all the time. Guessing what people will order.
- Use right mouse button to cancel an action. Click it twice to cancel two actions.
- The products from the oven are usually more valuable than normal products. You might want to prioritize them.
- As soon as the day starts, start baking. It's good to have baked products ready before customers order them.
- Sometimes it's good to delay picking up the coins. That way the counter doesn't get so crowded.
- Try to collect the golden haste wings to charge the haste device. Activate haste by clicking the device.
- Activate the haste device when you need it the most.
- The Haste Device speeds up your oven too. Haste mode is great for baking!
- Earn combos by serving multiple customers in a row.
- Serve candy to customers to improve their mood.
Windows 98(SE), Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista
Hard drive space (uncompressed):
32 MB 3D accelerated video card
DirectSound compatible sound card
DirectX 5.0 or higher
OS X 10.3.9 or later
460Mhz PowerPC or any Intel Mac
Hard drive space (uncompressed):
Miriel the Magical Merchant
(C) 2008 MythPeople
Lua 5.0 License
Copyright © 1994-2006 Lua.org, PUC-Rio.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Uses Vorbis Audio Decompression Under the Following Terms:
Copyright © 2003, Xiph.Org Foundation
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
Neither the name of the Xiph.org Foundation nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.